Cancer is a very dangerous and complex disease. Many people think cancer is entirely genetic and cannot be avoided, but that’s not true. If you have healthy lifestyle then you won’t get cancer. Some cancers are preventable, and people can cut their risk by maintaining some positive health steps. Healthy behavior is also one of the main reasons to prevent cancer.
Tips to reduce the risk of cancer:
- You need to stop smoking as it is linked to at least three in 10 cancer deaths.
- Eat more vegetables and fruits and keep meat portions small because they are filled with cancer-fighting antioxidants.
- Avoid deep fat frying. Instead, use low fat cooking methods like roasting, baking, broiling, steaming or poaching. Also, choose low-fat or non-fat milk and yogurt.
- Keep a physically active lifestyle by brisk walking, biking, dancing or any exercise that raises your heart rate.
- Moderate drinking is good for the heart, as many people already know, but it can also increase the risk of cancer.
- Try to sleep around 8 to 10 hours per day in darkness this able to prevent cancer.
- Heavy salt intake is associated with cancer of the stomach.
These tips will be helpful information on how to decrease your risk of cancer. So take control of your health, and encourage your family to do the same.