Back Pain is a common problem among many peoples, not just the elderly and middle-aged people but also young people who work for long hours with their busy lifestyle. Most of the time back pain is short term and goes away on its own. Lifestyle has the biggest influence on back pain, and healthy habits such as a good diet, exercising, stretching, and posture can give you back pain relief or help you prevent future problems.
Here are some home remedies to help you deal with this problem.
- Drink a glass of warm water mixed with a tsp of honey to soothe back pain.
- Activity is often the best medicine for back pain. Simple exercises like walking can be very useful to get relief from back pain.
- Staying healthy is one of the most important recommendations for avoiding back pain.
- Massage your back with garlic oil to seek relief from back pain.
- Push rather than pull when you are moving any heavy objects.
- Poor posture is another major contributor of back pain. Standing up straight with your ears over your shoulders, your shoulders over your hip joints and your hip joints over your ankles will help keep your healthy pain-free.
- Soft mattresses push your back out of alignment, so it’s best to choose a mattress that’s in the range of medium to firm for back pain relief.
- Deficiency of vitamin c makes one cause backache. So increase the vitamin c intake in your diet.
- Wear flat shoes or shoes with low heel (1 inch or lower).
- Apply a towel that has been squeezed after being soaked in hot salted water, on the back. Application of heat in this way will provide relief.
- Try to quit smoking because smoking doesn’t just damage your lungs, it can also cause damage to your back.